Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Letter of Concern from Peter Liversidge, Artist

I am writing to register my disappointment and disbelief at the Art Councils decision to revoke funding to Ormeau Baths Gallery.
I was fortunate enough to have a solo show at Ormeau Baths last April/May. I found the staff, venue and Director to be a fantastic support throughout the build up and installation of the show. The show was touring and through the experience of showing at several other venues throughout the UK. I felt that Ormeau Baths was very well respected not only in Ireland amongst the Artists I met but also internationally. Hugh Mulholland the Director works tirelessly in the promotion of others with his encouragement and support to many artists in Northern Ireland, Ireland and further a-field.
The representation of Northern Ireland at the Venice Biennale was a strong and well respected showing, to be closing the one venue in Northern Ireland that can support and follow up interest in Northern Irish and International Art seems to be short sighted in the extreme.

I do hope that the Arts Council of Ireland will review its decision

Peter Liversidge.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home